Purpose of this Blog

Deuteronomy 6:5-7 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Scripture Memory

So I love love love Awana.  But it is not enough.  Or I should say I am not as committed to it.  So I have been looking for more and need to be committed to it.  We have posted the verses Adeline is working on memorizing on the wall outside her bedroom.  Anytime when going to be she wants to slow things down we recite them.  Fine with me… she stays up 5 min more, but I hope to get a life of God’s word etched on her heart.  Better than buying her with candy right?!  Please don’t think that is beneath me though.  I was listening to a John Piper sermon the other day that talked about not making scripture memory a “trick” to perform.  It has to be authentic or else it won’t be a habit that sticks. 

So I found a blog that mentions the Simply Charlotte Mason Method.  It is a bit expensive in that it uses a box and index cards. ha! Sonya also supplies important verse lists.   I haven’t looked at this much, but want to do something soon.

I found also this blog, Graham Family Ministry(school4Jesus), that mentions the above and also created her own verses to print out on cards.  The cards are available to print right on your printer with a few clicks.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing the "leg work" for us on this! Great sites.

    ReplyDelete