Purpose of this Blog

Deuteronomy 6:5-7 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Foundation for parenting = good marriage

Sometimes God catches you off guard.  I know a good marriage keeps me happy and that divorce can tear families apart and leave children scarred for life.  I don’t think I thought about it in the reverse for any significant amount of time.  Working on a good marriage gives kids a great model for love and a strong foundation.  So maybe instead of reading all these parenting books I should at least through in one or two on preserving my marriage.  It ends up God has brought Bryan to read the  The Love Dare and me to participate in a Bible study which the name escapes me, but helps you see how (and maybe some why) God created men (different than women) and was pretty good (by a woman and based off of surveys too). 

The speaker was Rick Marks and I think he is coming back in the Fall for a marriage conference.

He also talked about how children being “created” by 2 people in a loving way rather than out of selfish desires is like there being so much love it just couldn’t be contained.  I don’t think I can describe it how he did and do it much justice.  It was neat to think about how much love you do have and how it grows even when right now I don’t think I can love Bryan anymore than I do, but in 5 yrs I will think I love him more then than I did now.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! How sweet. And what a neat sentiment - that the love couldn't be contained.

    ReplyDelete